God’s Plan of Salvation
THE G. O. S. P. E. L. (Gods only sons purpose eternal life)
Seven steps towards eternal life. . . God loves you and wants you to know Him so He can fill you with peace and give you a fulfilled life — forever.
The Bible says: because of our Lord Jesus Christ, we can live at peace with God. (Romans 5:1) God loved the people of this world so much that He gave His only son, so that everyone who has faith in Him will have eternal life and never die. (John 3:16) I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest. (John 10:10)
Since God planned for us to have peace and fulfilled life right now, why are so many people hurting or angry inside? Find out below by reading these seven steps to salvation.
You are a Sinner . . . hey, we are all sinners!
As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:10
- Separation from God. . . God created us in His own image so we can know Him personally and have a joy-filled life. He did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him, but gave us a will and a freedom of choice.
- Since the beginning of time, we have chosen to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today. This results in separation from God and ends in misery.
- The Bible says: All of us have sinned and fallen short of God’s holiness. (Romans 3:23)
- The result of unforgiven sin is death. But God’s gift is eternal life given by Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
- Disobeying God results in being separated from Him. There is nothing we can do to unite ourselves with God.
- Through the ages, people have tried many ways to bridge this gap and reach God … without success.
- The Bible says: Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone have sinned, and so everyone must die. (Romans 5:12)
- You may think you are on the right road and still end up dead. (Proverbs 14:12)
- There is only one way to reach God.
There is a price to be paid for sin. . .
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
God’s Plan: The Cross. . . Jesus Christ is the only answer to this problem. He is the only one who can bring us back to God. He died on the Cross and rose from the grave, paying the penalty for our sin and bridging the gap between God and people.
- The Bible says: There is only one God, and Christ Jesus is the only one who can bring us to God. (1 Timothy 2:5)
- But God showed how much he loved us by having Christ die for us, even though we were sinful. (Romans 5:8)
- Christ died once for our sins. An innocent person died for those who are guilty. Christ did this to bring you to God … (1 Peter 3:18)
- God has provided the only way; it is now up to us to make a choice.
- Eternal Life or eternal death.
You need to repent. . .
- “But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Matthew 9:13
- “I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.” Luke 13:3
- We must trust Jesus Christ to forgive our sins and determine to obey Him for the rest of our lives. That way we can know God and find peace again.
- The Bible says: So you will be saved, if you honestly say, Jesus is Lord, and if you believe with all your heart that God raised Him from death. God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this. (Romans 10:9-10)
- Jesus is the only prophet that proved beyond doubt that He was God and is alive today.
Is there any good reason why you cannot turn your life over to Jesus Christ right now?
God loves you. . .
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
How to give your life to Christ:
- Admit you are a sinner and need forgiveness.
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, confess that Jesus Christ is the only way to God and commit to live for Him for the rest of your life.
Christ died for you in order to make a way to save you. . .
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Christ will save you now. . .
- If you confess with your mouth (talk to God) the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. Romans 10:9-10
- For “whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
You can know that you are saved. . .
- The Bible, God’s Word says … You were saved by faith in God, who treats us much better that we deserve. This is God’s gift to you, and you have done nothing on your own. (Ephesians 2:8)
- For those who put their faith in Jesus … He gave them the right to be the children of God … God Himself was the one who made them His children. (John 1:12-13)
- He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son.
- And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
- These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:10-13
There is a heaven and a hell. I am asking you today, Where would you like to spend eternity? Jesus said, “I give you a choice, life or death” – choose life!
You may invite Jesus to come and live inside of you by sincerely praying the following prayer.
(Prayer: A conversation with the Father, Son or Holy Spirit)
I want to stop trusting in myself and what I can do and start trusting in you and what you have already done when you died for me on the cross. I know I am a sinner and I invite you to come and live inside of me. I want you to be my savior and my Lord which means being #1 in my life. I want to repent and turn away from everything you and the Bible call sin and I totally commit myself to obeying you everyday, for the rest of my life. Thank you Jesus
We encourage you to find a church close by to learn more about Jesus and grow in your faith. When I first believed I wanted to know more about Jesus and had to find a church that taught from the Christian Bible and has discipleship groups.
In this Christian Bible the Apostle Paul encourages us to do just that where he says; “Take the teachings that you heard me proclaim in the presence of many witnesses, and entrust them to reliable people, who will be able to teach others also.” This is our purpose as followers of Christ. To study and to share this Gospel (Good News) with you and encourage you to teach others also.
Please, let us know your decision so that we may pray with you.