Romans 1:16 King James Version (KJV)16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
If you are faith based or call yourself a church, EVERYTHING you do should point towards the gospel of Jesus Christ. If not, you are just another 501c3 giving away free stuff.
Follow Christ not Consumerism
• Christ sacrifices, consumers hoard.
• Christ forgives, consumers hate.
• Christ makes peace, consumers compete.
• Christ gives, consumers take.
• Christ serves, consumers obtain.
• Christ saves, consumers waste.
• Christ is eternal, consumers are temporal.
• Christ offers life, consumers can buy blood.
• Christ paid for it, consumers work for it.
• Christ encourages, consumers complain.
• Christ empowers, consumers criticize.
• Christ renews, consumers are weary.
• Christ protects, consumers destroy.
• Christ loves people, consumers love things.
• Christ builds you a home, consumers by a house.
• Christ says come as you are, consumers demand perfection.
A church culture of consumerism drives us towards an inward secluded and selfish lifestyle resulting in transient church goers not committing to any one place. Perhaps that’s why church attendance is dwindling?
My Bible says not to be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the Word of God. We are here to shine the light of the Gospel into a dark place. Pull those who are lost in darkness into His glorious light.
My recommendations are:
• Stop and reevaluate.
• Stop copying other people.
• Understand your weaknesses.
• Look deep into your motivations.
• Start following Jesus
• Start copying Jesus
• Rely on His strength
• Ask His Spirit to guide you.
Start a Bible study, Disciple someone starting today. The Word of God and your testimony changes us.
Here is my testimony:
In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help.From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I was saved from my enemies.
He bowed the heavens and came down and saved me, and if you ask He will help you too. ?