The Messianic Seal of the Church of Jerusalem
The Menorah (candelabra) represents God’s covenant with the people of Israel and the torah. The fish is a symbol for Yeshua, from the Greek word for fish, icthys, which was used as an acronym for Jesus Cristos, son of God, messiah, saviour. The star of David, Māḡēn Dāwīḏ, literally shield of David, represents Israel and particularly the Davidic kingdom.
Above is the “Messianic Seal of the first Church”, that was formed by believers, that followed Christ. This symbol has been found on jewelry, pottery and wood carvings in the Jerusalem area from centuries ago. In the US there are many different groups of believers that call themselves Church. This is okay if we do not exclude those in other cities, those in other parts of the world or refer to it [church] as a building. The Messianic Seal is a testimony to this. I like to look at these groups as the inter-generational Christ centered Church, not limited to a single continent. How does Jesus see His Church?
The Bible tells us how.
1 Corinthians 1:1-9
Eight ways God blesses His Church through Christ.
1. God blesses us by adding us to His Church
2. God blesses us by sanctifying us
3. God blesses us by making us saints
4. God blesses us by making us recipients of His grace
5. God blesses us by enriching everything by Christ
6. God blesses us by confirming us
7. God blesses us by causing us to be blameless in the day of our Lord
8. God blesses us by calling us into fellowship
Become an active part of a local Church and you have entered a season of blessing.
God blesses His Church.
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
As you enter this season of blessing, Amen